miércoles, 22 de octubre de 2008

I don’t know if it is my favourite place in Chile, because we have amazing places here and I've gone only once, but I remember this place as a very special place in Chile, full of beliefs, histories and colours that are different than in any other part of Chile. This place is the island of Chiloe.

The architecture there is incredible, the houses in the “palafitos” of different colours to brig happiness to the cloudy days.
The palafitos are built on wooden pillars in the water, not an original architecture of Chiloe, but were adopted in Ancud, Quemchi, Castro, Chonchi and other ports, for better utilization of the coast during business expansion in the nineteenth century.

The other architectural style in their buildings is in the houses that use a special type of tiles “tejuelas” they are of “Alerce” and balconies to see the ocean.

I really like how the people has there their own mythology because Chiloé have a rich folklore with many mythological animals and spirits and histories the most famous are the Caleuche, the Trauco, the Pincoya, etc.
I was there with a course that I take here in The University so I went with all my class and teachers. It was very fun. We work all day in a house that was in bad conditions and make a project to rebuild the houses. The houses that we take for work were very representative of architecture in Chiloe, so it was very important to preserve them. Obviously it was not all work. At night we went out dancing and drinking wine with all the class and teachers.

That’s my special place in Chile and I recommend it!! (If you can, take this curse)

Kisses Pili

No hay comentarios: