miércoles, 29 de octubre de 2008

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind





Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind is a 2004 American drama and
romantic comedy. The director was Michel Gondry.
The film uses elements of science fiction and neosurrealism to explore
the nature of memory and love.

The film was protagonised by stars Jim Carrey and Kate Winslet and
features Kirsten Dunst, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Wilkinson, Elijah Wood, Jane
Adams, and David Cross. The movie's title is taken from the poem
Eloisa to Abelard by Alexander Pope which was the story of a tragic
love affair.

The history's move is about an emotionally withdrawn Joel Barish
(Carrey) and dysfunctional free spirit Clementine Kruczynski
(Winslet). They meet in a Long Island Rail Road train. They are
inexplicably drawn to each other, despite their radically different
personalities.
After having spent two years together they decided brake up, she was
terribly sad and hired a New York firm – Lacuna, Inc. – to erase all
memories of their relationship. Upon discovering this, Joel is
devastated and decides to undergo this same procedure himself.
But in the middle having these same memories erased, he rebels,
realizing he wants to hold on to his memories of Clementine and
himself after all.
The film takes place in Joel's mind and how he try to preserve at
least some memory of his love for Clementine.

I saw the film two years ago with my ex-boyfriend, and I like it very
much because it raises many questions. It is better to know all, even
the things than can make us suffer very very much?,or live in "happy
ignorance"?
I personally prefer, and I have always preferred to suffer than forget
and I hope that nothing so bad happens to me and can keep this
opinion.


1 comentario:

nancy dijo...

I love this film!
it's one of my favourites,
Personally I prefer not forget the things that I have lived and also I hope that nothing bad makes me change of mind.